If you are interested in presenting to our membership, please contact Amy S. Greenbaum.
- This event has passed.
Update on CMS and State Regulations for Emergency Preparedness
April 25 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
Objectives: Attendees will:
1. Become familiar with the Final CMS Rule on Emergency Preparedness
2. Aware of the four provisions for the CMS Emergency Preparedness Plan for all Medicare Certified Providers
3. Aware of the survey activity since the regulations went into effect
4. Learn about the common deficiencies
5. Be able to discuss compliance with the Federal and NJ specific regulation
The Emergency Preparedness Requirements for Medicare and Medicaid Participating Providers and Suppliers was published on September 16, 2016 and the Implementation date was November 15, 2017. It applies to all 17 provider and supplier types. Compliance is required for participation in Medicare. The four provisions for the CMS Emergency Preparedness Plan for all Medicare Certified Providers will be discussed. The survey activity since the regulations went into effect will be reviewed and most common deficiencies shared. Compliance with the Federal regulation and additional NJ specific regulations will be discussed.